Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I see a lot of myself in Dhoni: Ganguly


Nagpur, November 10: : Arguably the most successful Indian skipper ever, Sourav Ganguly says he sees a lot of himself in Mahendra Singh Dhoni and reckons that the charismatic new captain will go on to better his record and further enhance India's stature in international cricket.

"He has done fantastically well. Captaincy is a task, it's not just about being a good player. He will be tested when India plays abroad and if the boys do well under him then it will be great. I am sure he will take Indian Cricketforward," said Ganguly, whose last Test saw India clinching the Border-Gavaskar Trophy by winning the fourth and final match.

"I did what I felt was right. I'm a captain who did not believe in the drawing board but react to what happens on the field of play. I see a lot of myself in Dhoni. He also doesn't like meetings. In fact he sees things better than me. He has also had a bit of luck that a captain needs," he added.

Ganguly said a captain is only as good as his team but he did have a huge role to play in enhancing India's reputation.

No comments: